Effective Date: June 1, 2020
Who is responsible for collecting personal data?
Click on the links below to go directly to specific parts of this policy:
- What personal data do we collect?
- How do we collect personal data?
- Kids under the age of 13
- How and why we use your personal data
- Sharing your personal data
- Protection of your personal data
- California Privacy Rights
- Questions and Feedback
What personal data do we collect?
Hero™ collects various types of data that include:
- Identifiers and contact information: Name, address, phone number, email address
- Purchase history: items that you have purchased or have placed on a wish list, shipping address and order confirmation
- Payment information: debit or credit card number and billing address
- Website preferences: marketing preferences, interest in unreleased products
- All email or phone interactions that we have with you
- Demographics: includes zip code, country and time zone
- Internet activity information which may include IP addresses, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings, internet service provider information, when and how you access our website, what you search for while on the website and items you have viewed while on our website.
How do we collect personal data?
- Provided by you: data that is provided by you is collected at the time it is provided. This data is collected during purchases, website engagement, and signing up for promotional or marketing materials.
- Third parties: we may collect information from our service providers who use analytics, advertising and demographics that provide us with data to better improve our customer experience. Analytic companies, demographic companies and/or advertising networks may also be used to collect information and better improve our customer experience.
- Social media: we may use information from our social media platforms in connection with our website, or information that you share with us through these social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. We will collect information that those platforms share with us in connection to Heroô.
- Payment information: At the time of purchase, we will collect card payment information.
- Communication: If you contact us directly, we will receive the contents of your message, along with your name, phone number, and email address as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Kids under the age of 13
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, we ask that you contact us directly as quickly as possible at email@example.com.
How and Why do we use your personal data:
- To provide the requested product or service: When you make a purchase, we will use the contact information provided to communicate with you about the purchase and deliver the product to you.
- To communicate with you: we will use personal information given to us if we need to contact you about a purchase, respond to questions, concerns or feedback given to us.
- To communicate about products, services or for promotional purposes: If you are an existing customer, we may use the contact details you have provided to us for marketing communications where applicable by law (unless you have opted out). We will ask for your consent when required by law to do so.
- We may use the personal data that you have provided to provide personalized communications or advertisements regarding our products that may be of interest to you. We also use personal data to enhance the user experience, including remembering your preferences, tracking your activity on our website, as well as identifying the different devices that you use.
- To operate and improve our products or services: We use personal data collected to operate our business and make improvements based on customer data.
- For analytical information: We may use data to enhance our customer experience and collect analytical information that will help us diagnose problems as they arise on the website. We may also use personal data to better understand our customer behaviors and preferences.
- To protect other’s rights, property or safety: We may use data to protect us, you and our customers, employees and property. We may also use personal data to protect and prevent against any illegal use, abuse or fraud. We may also use it to respond to lawsuits, subpoenas and government requests, and to comply with government requests or court orders where applicable.
Sharing of your personal data:
Hero™ shares your personal data with:
- Hero™ sportswear for the conditions listed above.
- Service providers processing personal data for business purposes on Hero™’s behalf (for example: processing payments, shipping and delivery, distribute emails, research and analysis, analytics and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.)
- Third parties where necessary: In order to comply with government requests, or applicable law, to prevent illegal uses of Hero™, to defend ourselves against third party claims or to assist in any counterfeiting claims.
Protection of your personal data
While we use a variety of technical security measures to protect your data, the internet is not a “hack proof” space, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data. We encourage you to help to keep your personal data and information safe by taking steps to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure. Measures like using complex passwords with a mixture of characters and symbols, not sharing your passwords, completing the proper updates on your devices, and password protecting your devices can help to reduce the risk of your personal data being compromised.
In order to provide the most relevant content and information to our customers, we may use “cookies” and “web beacons” to track your activities. These cookies may provide us with information like
- IP address
- Device identifier and device type
- Domain browser type and language used
- Operating system
- Information about your activity on Hero’s platform like pages visited, purchase history and user preferences.
We use these cookies to improve on the customer experience as well as gather information about customer preferences as to better understand the Heroô customer. These cookies are required for the basic functionality of the site. They help with the checkout process as well as help maintain the security of your personal data. They also help us to improve the speed and functionality of the site, as well as remember previous website preferences that you have selected. Disabling cookies could result in a less than ideal user experience.
California Privacy Rights
California law entitles residents to ask us for notice describing what personal data we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Heroô does not sell any personal data to other parties for their own marketing purposes. California also provides its residents with the opportunity to request access of certain personal information, and to opt out or delete this personal information. Please see above for references on what and how we collect your personal data.
If you would like to exercise your California privacy rights, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain if you would like to request access to specific information we have gathered in the last 12 months, request deletion of personal data we have collected, or request disclosure of categories of data that we have collected.
We do not discriminate for a request for any of your rights stated above.
Questions and Feedback